Monday, September 5, 2016

Mincraft-ish Level


This is our second assignment for 3D class. We are building a minecraft-ish level in unreal Engine. Here is my Japanese garden level.

  

Let's take a look at how I build this piece step by step.

 Step 1 create a cube in maya with nice beveled edges.


Step 2 create a nice clean uv layout for my cube.


Step 3. create textures in photoshop and test it out in maya



Step 4 bring the cube into UE4

Step 5 research...research...research


Step 6 let's build the garden!!!!









Time spend : 12 hour (tutorial + building material+ research+ trial & error + explore the UE4)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work, there is a lot that you made. I would look more into the lighting aspect of UE4, once you learn that part a bit more I think you will have a really nice look established!

    ReplyDelete