Monday, October 10, 2016

2D Class Week 07 Basic Lighting


This week in 2D, we learn about three point lighting. Three point lighting technique is widely used in photography, film and game.

 

For this assignment, I set up my own 3 point light on my two Chibi Maruko Chan toys.


Then, I did some sketches to establish the proportion.


Then I prepare my selection layer by shading them with different solid color.


Here, I shade my images with different values

 

Then I add value and lighting details for the image.


The most challenge part for me is rendering different surface materials. 


My final result with color. I have a better understanding of basic lighting by going through this assignment. Painting in Photoshop is so much fun for me, I will keep practice my digital painting skill.

Time spend: 10 hours

1 comment:

  1. Piece turned out very well. Watch adding just black into your yellows, they become muddy if you do. Add a slight color (red) into our darkness in the yellow.

    ReplyDelete