Friday, October 14, 2016

3D Class Week 07 Bake Maps and Digital Painting for a Prop


This week we learn about substance painter. It is my first time using this program. Substance painter is very powerful 3D painting program which allow you to bake maps, texture and render your work.


I begin with export out obj files from maya file provide by our teacher.

Here is low Res version of the Cannon.


Here is high res version of the Cannon


Then I bring the low res model into substance painter and bake the map with high res model.

 

Here, I begin painting and texturing my model using layers and layer mask in substance painter. It is very much like photoshop and maya combine.

 

This is my final result rendered using substance painter. I've learn so much through this assignment. I will keep learning and practicing. 

Time spend: 5 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking results, I would like to see the logo raise up more, also to see a painted metal layer as well.

    ReplyDelete